Thursday, July 19, 2012

Warning: Boobs before Love-Handles!

Let's talk about sacrifices.  

What are you willing to give up, even lose entirely, for the sake of losing weight or transforming your body?  Sure you could consider things like treats, indulgences, etc...but let me remind you of something else you will almost indefinitely find yourself wishing you didn't have to lose....


Highschool and University I was always a 34C.  Honestly - I hated them.  I always wanted them to be smaller...

Pregnancy and nursing was the most voluptuous phase at an amazing 34EE - this was just awkward.  

Post nursing - they shrank in size but not in nipple. But at least I was back down to a 34D - just a little deflated.  Finding the right bra that was capable of holding them up where they should be, but that had cups designed well enough to hide the slow deflation that was going on was a nightmare.  When I found one - I bought 3 of them.  

And then I started working out.  My boobs were always the first thing to shrink...or gain (which was always my first indication of being pregnant).  When I started bootcamps in May 2010 I was a 34C.  Check my card at Bodacious Bustlines and you will find a steady decline in the cup size and band width...picture tube socks with golf balls in the bottom!

28C.  And by C - its not a full C - its more like an B but I still need enough room for the tube socks.  Good luck finding a bra that doesn't have to be altered to be a 28 but that also has enough cup support.  And just when you thought you found the right one...you poke at them and see half the cup is hollow - yet you spilled out of the cup-size down.  Or sure - that sexy little B cup looks like it would fit - if they were hard melons not deflated balloons.   

How does one solve this problem?  Lululemon.  Sports bras. 

On a daily basis - I am in heaven! My posture is better, my shoulder are back and my pectorals are developing!  My "gals" are happily folded into their comfortable, sporty bra.  When I look at my silhouette in the mirror - I finally feel like I have the perfect proportions I have always hoped for.  Even at my largest size - I always had bras that were firm support, full coverage, and tight.  I am the same way now because I have always hated having a "bouncy" chest.  As well, with the fact they are pretty much folded into the sports bra, coupled with the cup mold, there is virtually no risk of the oh-so-obvious "nipple stands".  I am reminded of highschool and the never ending consciousness that my nipples were on high beams - usually I was non-the-wiser until it was called out in class.  

To be quite honest - in that Lululemon sports bra - I feel like myself! Strong and lean and proportional! 

Confidence has me exploring new clothing options including a lot of strapless and lower cut shirts...problem is - I cant wear strapless anything without a bra.  And finding a dressy, sexy bra that works with dress clothes, strapless tops, and low cut shirts is frustratingly impossible.  Not that I dress up often, but when I do, I actually don't want to wear a sports bra.  Although I have yet to actually resort to this...duct tape has definitely been considered.  Going commando is not an option...too much sag and sway to be tasteful.  And who has the time to try all the gimmicks that are in lingerie stores including tape strips and freaky under-bra-bras?

Would I trade my success in losing weight, gaining muscle, and changing my lifestyle for bigger boobs?  Not a chance!  And there is no way I would purposefully gain back some weight to have fuller boobs again (although I have boxed away all my larger bras for future need if and when...)  But there are certain days, certain moments, certain outfits, or certain images that I am faced with that remind me just how much impact boobs have on your femininity.  Sigh.  

So ladies - don't say I didn't warn you.  Everyone will be different - but if there is one thing that is for certain...your boobs are primarily made of fat.  And if you are on a mission to lose fat...your body will most likely give up your boobs before it will give up your love-handles.  

On the lighter side - enjoy the transformation!  Your boobs go through life just as you do!  Each stage reflects what you are going through.  Although they have shrunk - my husband definitely isn't complaining! And this is mostly because of my confidence and crazy nipple sensitivity (a perk of nursing two babies!)  

So don't mourn the loss...embrace it!  And if ever one day old age has you cringing when you look in the mirror...you can always buy new ones! ;)




No comments:

Post a Comment