Thursday, July 05, 2012

6 Weeks to Spartan - Fear is setting in!

Just over 6 weeks to go before the Spartan Race in Calgary!  I keep seeing pictures on their Facebook Page...scares the shit out of me!


I'd be cowering on the ground...
The girl in me wants to stay home.  Have you seen those pictures?  The thought of getting beat to the ground in an arena with some jacked up (ass hole) Spartan with q-tip like beating sticks is about enough to convince me to just stay home.  I doubt that any one of them will take pity on a girl in the arena (it's probably the only time they can get away with hitting a girl so why not take advantage of it!)  








I can handle this...I crawl under my kids
beds all the time!
Nevermind the mud pits and ropes and monkey bars - those I can handle (or do the burpee penalties) but the adult fear of purposefully running straight through an arena where someone is purposefully trying to hit you is against all instinct!  My luck I'll be the one hit in the face like this poor guy...then I might have to cry.


Pretty sure the Spartan did that on purpose...
I think that this whole event is a way to go outside of my comfort zone and do something worth working hard towards.  My intentions are to go do something adventurous with old and new friends and to not die trying.  I also hope to gauge the potential for this event to be a future yearly experience or other events like it.  This year I want to have fun and complete it...maybe next year I will fight for a spot near the top? 


Didn't even consider practicing long jump again!
So 6 weeks to go - HOLY SHIT!  Of all the things a person should do to get ready for an event like this...mine will have to be to shut off that "girly mom" voice in my head screaming at me that this is not a good idea.    



Finish the race!
Man up already!  Work hard, eat well, sleep, and stop being such a sissy!  More than anything I'm looking forward to seeing an old friend and having uninhibited fun for a day!  Its all about the experience!  


And who knows...maybe my kids will do this someday too! (Well who are we kidding - Bailey won't but Morgan sure would!!!) 







No comments:

Post a Comment