Thursday, July 12, 2012

30 Years Old

The big 3-0!  Years 28-29 were spent dreading turning 30.  Not like I could change it or avoid it but just couldn't accept that I would at some point have to say "I'm 30".  There must be a certain sense of maturity or accomplishment when you are 30...just didn't feel I had found whatever it is that might be.  Doesn't make any sense does it?  Neither does dreading turning 30.

So here is to the next decade!  My early 20s were spent partying (geeze these years were fun!).  My mid 20s were a blur of moving, new jobs, and babies.  It wasn't until my late 20s that I think I finally figured myself out through the blur of all the life changes we went through!

I have made it my mission to make my 30s about finding balance within my life.  Time for me to pursue my interests, time for my kids, time for my family and friends, time for my husband and his pursuits, time to develop my business and time for myself.  That is a lot to balance...but I figure that is the best part about my 30s!  This will be a busy decade - with many ups and downs I know - but surely it cannot be as dreadful as my young self thought it would be.

What's different about being 30 is that you have the maturity to see that you need to live your life well and take care of yourself.  Time flies way too fast - and if there is anything I will be constantly pursuing for years to come - it will be my overall health and wellness.  My wellness first!   

http://www.definitionofwellness.com/

I enjoyed exploring this site because I found that considering my wellness to be a multi-dimensional helped me see the need to find balance between all aspects!

  • Social Wellness
  • Occupational Wellness
  • Spiritual Wellness
  • Physical Wellness
  • Intellectual Wellness
  • Emotional Wellness
  • Environmental Wellness
  • Financial Wellness
  • Mental Wellness
  • Medical Wellness
If there is any hope as I start my journey through the next decade is that I never stop pursuing and nurturing my wellness.  I am going to use this list of the dimensions of wellness to make some notes about things that I am a) already grateful for and b) changes / additions I'd like to pursue.  I owe it to myself and to my family, but what drives me the most is my children. To be there for them as they age, to be active in their lives, and to be a source of inspiration and education about their own wellness is an important job.  And although I may not get everything right, I will never give up.  

I'm 30!  And instead of dread - I feel excitement!  I feel younger than I have in a long time and I so very happy with all that I have in my life right now!  Who knows what each day will bring - but I feel more equipped to handle it and more stable than ever before!  


No comments:

Post a Comment