Monday, April 23, 2012

Always order one size bigger!

Always order one size bigger!


Just what I needed today...With the dress, the shoes, and the bra in hand - I went to a seamstress to get my dress hemmed for my brother and soon-to-be sister-inlaw's wedding.  


After saying "to hell" with the bra - we finally got it done up!  Barely.  


This is the problem with ordering dresses.  You order a size for you at the time and that size is just within a range.  One size up would have meant a crazy amount of alterations.  So order what the chart says fits right now.  And cross your fingers that it will be just right.  5 more millimeters and I think it would be...


I would be off my rocker if I said - "Uh Oh - I better lose some weight!".  I really cannot see where and if any I have to spare around my chest/rib cage.  (and if you ask my husband he will tell you there is nothing left to lose in the boob area!)  And do I really want to? NO.  I have worked really hard to build up some muscle which is what I am telling myself is the issue here.  Is it?  I don't really know.  I am stronger that is for sure.  Couple that with a dress that was ordered to fit me in January...well here we are.  


I had a mini melt-down - and now I will be faced with the gut-wrenching fear that I wont be comfortable all day trying to breath in a dress that has no forgiveness.  Hell - even worse I wont get the thing done up!  So I am going to go back...talk to her (she is very talented!) about gaining that extra 5mm in room within the dress (testing her talent!).  


In the meantime - I WILL NOT give up on my strength training for a dress.  I might ease up come end of May and do a little more cardio within a few weeks of the wedding but I will not stop working out all together.  This is why I want the extra 5mm instead of easing up on my strength training (Spartan is just 2 short months after the wedding and I will be damned if Im not ready for it!) To resort to crazy, absolutely senseless, attempts (water pills, extreme dieting, and insane cardio to name a few) to shed a few millimeters of flesh and hard-earned muscle is the last thing I will do.  I feel like I am still in my "bulking" phase where I am trying to gain weight and muscle.  To lean out sensibly for the purpose of this wedding will be an ok thing to do...but smart and with a safe approach.  


There is time.  No need to panic yet...I find it easier to chuckle about the irony actually.  We were spent a lot of time considering the right sized dress for our other sister who may or may not have her child by then and will need last minute alterations....maybe I should have thought a little harder about my own body changes in the months to come.  


So - the excitement of getting the dress and fitting it was ruined.  But on the positive side - not only can I tell my back and chest is stronger - apparently I have gained a little too which was somewhat of a goal of mine.  I posted my before pictures in February - with measurements - so I will work on getting a new set done soon so I can actually see what changes have occurred besides just the fact that my dress is a little snug!


LOL! What it comes down to is every woman's fear that the dress won't fit!  Gut-wrenching fear.  







No comments:

Post a Comment