Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Day 2

Not that I intend to give a daily update but it is sort of a way for me to stay accountable to myself.  I actually hate writing in a journal - I actually suck at it really and can barely read my own writing anyway!


Here is what I ate today:

  • Breakfast - Baked Eggs with Zuchinni, Mushrooms, and Broccoli with one garlic sausage (not best choice but I needed more to eat) and a little HOT SAUCE! Coffee with cream. 
  • Morning Snack - Greek Yogurt (plain) with large handful of blueberries
  • Lunch - grilled veggies with 2 turkey muffins and HOT SAUCE
  • Afternoon Snack - 3/4 can Tuna with lemon juice and pepper, big bowl of veggies
  • Supper - Steamed Broccoli, 1 tilapia fillet with seasoning, 1 sausage with hot sauce, 1/2 cup spaghetti squash
  • Bed Time - whey protein with coconut milk, handful of almonds
I don't measure anything and I don't count calories.  I probably am under-eating and over-eating certain macros but at this point I just want to be full and not get jittery. I have considered being more exact but I found that when I tried I became almost obsessive with it.  I find this works much better and that I'm less paranoid about the numbers and more about how content I feel after eating. 
 
Had an immense sugar craving right when I got home from grocery store and was preparing supper...opened the cupboards and closed them again several times.  Finally took the bag of chocolate chips and put them in the back of the freezer.  I munched on veggies to get through this and put some lemon juice in my water.  I was hungry...and at that point my body screams for sugar for the instant high.  I'm hoping that all this effort will recondition my body to crave sugar less and learn coping mechanisms when they do come on!

What I am starting to realize is that for as much as I thought I was doing food prep - I still feel like Im lagging behind and quickly having to pull something together.  My goal for next week is to pre-make 5 days worth of meals (especially lunch and afternoon snack) as well as have the weekly home meals planned out for the family.  I better invest in some ZipLock containers and reorganize the fridge then!

As for the gym - got a workout planned for tomorrow night after work.  I workout best at the 5pm hour but sometimes I have the kids so I skip.  I'm trying to stop using this as an excuse.  So I have their supper packed and we will be going to the gym at 5pm.  The day care there is cheap and an awesome convenience!  It really is not an excuse to skip the workout because I have my kids - it just takes a little more planning.  Plus - because I am only allowed 1.5 hours for them in the day care, it pushes me to get in and get it all done quickly!

Another big accomplishment for today - only had 1 cup of coffee and 5 glasses of water!!!! If you know me at all - you will know this is a BIG DEAL!

R



No comments:

Post a Comment